Thursday, April 19, 2007

Waiting for May


There have been a few major changes in my life recently. I got a new job (again) and really like it. A friend of mine who is an attorney contacted me about a month ago to offer me a paralegal position in his firm downtown. The phone call falls into the category I like to call "serendipitous confluence" appropriated from my man Neil Peart. I was already looking for a new job because the thing at the Daily News wasn't working out too well. A man can only go for so long without adequate sleep and running a sleep deficit for six months was all I could handle.


Also, I recently had an appointment with a psychotherapist (with more to follow) because I finally recognized that being irritable and generally unpleasant to be around due to depression and wanting to blow my brains out about 30% of the time is not a good thing. Working through whatever issues are hiding in my subconscious and some good meds should hopefully do the trick.


One thing that will definitely help with my mental/physical/emotional health is the fact that the temperature is rising little by little, the daylight is lasting longer and the summer cycling season is upon us up the Last Frontier. I got my "new road bike" dialed in at RTR and love it. I'll post a photo as soon as I find the digital camera. That helped my blues and trying to set some more PR's this summer will do the same.


Here's to clear hearts & minds and the euphoric grin that comes from another great ride... and the fact that the new RUSH album comes out in 12 days!!
P.S. Thanks to Mr. Tim over at www.alaskabikeblog.blogspot.com for throwing my silly little not-very-often-updated page on his list.

No comments: