Sunday, May 20, 2007

Epic


Saturday I did the longest training ride of my life. A group of eight of us rode from South Anchorage out to Hiland Road, up that son of a bitch, back down (where we were hitting speeds in the neighborhood of 50 mph) and then back the same route. By the time I got home nearly six hours later, I had ridden 108 miles and done 6,000 ft. of climbing.

The day was beautiful and charged with spontaneous attacks that had us sprinting to chase each other down. The group was great and it was quite a day.
Thanks to Tony B. for planting the seed with a post on www.bikeak.org


** On another "EPIC" note, today my great friend Kevin M. went for the summit bid on his attempt to bag the peak of Denali. Send him safe thoughts. Check it out here: www.mountaintrip.com - the blog that has updates is under "Expedition Dispatches" and his trip is the May 6 West Buttress Expedition. GO KEVIN!!!

No comments: