Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Good and The Bad

This weekend was eventful, to say the least. On Saturday, there was another downtown crit. I won $40.00 for the first lap prime and Alaska Waste had brought out quite a group. We ended up getting third on the day (Evan Hyde) and you can please check out a more detailed breakdown of the race on his site evhyde.blogspot.com Also, please feel free to check out race photos from a link on akbike.org to Andy Romang's site... They're pretty cool.

After the race, my wife went to check out dogs without the kids knowing. She came back and had me go with her to Petco where they have a dog adoption program. I saw Rex and immediately liked him. He's a cool mix of Shar-Pei and miniature Pinscher. I know - it's hard to imagine so I'll post a picture of him soon. After we brought him home and introduced him to the kids, Michelle took them to see Cars and Rex and I took a nap and I found out that he snores... but it's a cute snore. He's very mellow, loves attention, and is not a barker.

Then came the Sunday race. The Kincaid Loop road race is a 3.75 mile lap with a few hills on the back side that proved to be crushers for me. They had us set up to do 14 laps and the hills are really not that bad but on the 7th lap, I got dropped like a bomb from the Enola Gay and had to work my ass off to get back on... only for it to happen again on lap 8 with a strong acceleration from Matt Jordan. My legs filled with shit and I couldn't get my heart rate up. Patented bonk. There is a picture of me on Andy's site dying the death of the Ming-Wang-Dang-Doodle Dynasty and the only thing that looks good is my calf which, shortly after the photo was taken, staged a revolt of it's own in concert with it's cohort - the other calf. I chose to stop racing and limp back home rather than get lapped, which would indeed be worse than getting dropped. It was a bummer but everyone has a bad day and today was one of mine for sure. The good news is that although we didn't get a win (Matt Jordan had a one minute lead by the time I left) we got second. Evan again. Way to go, Evan... I hope I can help more next time.

The evening finished with having Michelle's folks and her sister and brother-in-law over for Father's Day dinner. Michelle made a delicious feast and she and the kids bonused me out with one of my very favorite movies: Uncle Buck.

4 comments:

ehyde said...

Yo Bosskat, thanks for all the hard work this weekend. This was a cool warm up for the Tour of Anchorage, with two of the same stages and some fast racing, so hopefully we can get that win Tony is talking about during the race that counts!

bosskat said...

E - I had fun and know that I still have a lot of work to do. Good on you for two podiums spots in two days.

M - "Hi, I'm Buck melanoma, moley Russell's wart"

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Frontal hair loss Lake peeing botox treatment for foot drop Busty252bskirt up teens sex palatal myoclonus botox reactions http://www.hilton-hotel-7.info/camping-equipment-and-uk.html jamaican dresses Mutul fund currency trading Genie electric gate openers Herbal supplement to enlarge penis Strattera paxil neurontin Breast reduction rhinoplasty breast reduction Hoodia weight loss diet pill Ks medical malpractice heirs at law botox california Beds lentek vacuum cleaners palm beach botox humidifier safety College+scholarship+michigan

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Insurance commercial tools Halaween wedding invitations Postal dental plans ambien buy onlinegreatnowcom site Rn msn online nursing program Prozac dosing for pms