Thursday, June 29, 2006

Sisters

I have two of the best. I know, everybody says that... but I'm right.

I received a call from my older sister Jennifer - The Seester - after work today. It was a welcome surprise because she lives in L.A. and with me in Alaska, we don't get to spend too much time together - but when we do get to, or even talk on the phone, it's a the beat was never missed. She can hear the rhythm for the drums, if you know what I mean. Anyhow, she shared some good life changing news that is in the near future for her and her husband and I could hear true excitement in her voice. When you talk to someone that is happy and energized by whatever may be on the horizon, it gives you perspective on your own life. I'm thankful for her sharing her happiness with me and hopefully I can reciprocate the next time around.

The younger sister, now widely know simply as Maigh, is phenomenal as well. There were times in our distant past when to say that we didn't get along would be a monumental understatement. With the years since those tough times, we've grown closer and have developed a great respect for each other. We also don't get to see each other as much as we like with her living in Atlanta, but when we get to see each other again, there is a laughter induced spark and time stands still. Then it's time for one of us to head back in the direction of our home and it's unspoken that next time we'll pick up right where we left off.

I can only hope that you're as fortunate as me.

3 comments:

bosskat said...

backatcha!

Anonymous said...

And hugs and kisses to both of you from the land of Lindsay Lohan.

bosskat said...

Thanks for Lindsay Lohan and her STD. Gross.