Saturday, April 22, 2006

Busy Saturday


My nerves didn't keep me up too late last night and I managed to get some sleep. I woke to cloudy skies and cool tempuratures in the mid-30's. Any left over nerves were obliterated by my favorite security blanket - RUSH. I cranked the medley that opens the R30 show (best opener... ever) as I pulled away from the house and, as always, got lost in their intelligent arrangements, rocking power, and intricate transitions. PCF, baby. Pure Canadian Fury. But I digress... I got out to Moose Run and there were loads of people and with this being the first race of the year, the registration took longer than anticipated. I ended up going out onto the 10 mile, slightly hilly course a bit after 11:00 am with a few snowflakes falling from the sky and melting on the road. I hit the turn around at 12:13 and that made me happy - but I could feel the lead beginning to fill my legs and I knew that I still had a bit of climbing to do on the way back. I was only able to muster a 14:43 for my return trip for a grand total of 26:56... 59 seconds slower than I was last June. I'm looking to break into the 24's by June so I've got my work cut out for me... But I'm looking forward to it.

Following this event, I went directly to meet my family at another event at the Kincaid Chalet where the Alaskan Winter Olympic athletes were honored again and the Mayor presented the permit to begin work on a new biathalon course, improved ski trails, and new soccer fields among other improvements to be made with some big bucks coming from the state and private contributions.

In addition to this busy morning, my wife, my oldest daughter and I had an indoor soccer game at 4:00. Our team won 5-4 with one of the goals being a sweet shot lobbed over the keeper's head by my wife and another being sweet cross shot to the corner of the goal by my daughter. NIce moves = proud husband/daddy. We have another game tomorrow at noon and then I'll go for a ride.

Tonight is "Game Night" for my wife and her girlfriends which means I'm bailing out faster than October geese headin' south. Peace... I'm outta here. 5000, G... 5000.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing I was in NYC when the rocker points were being awarded. It allowed others to have a chance. Had I been present, without doubt, It would have been I who sat alone atop the throne with my Green Manalishi and Three Pronged Crown!! *Throws Dio sign*