Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Flying


Tonight I was able to go rip around on my road bike for an hour or so before picking up my daughter from soccer practice. I spun out the Old Seward past the relic sign that still stands in the parking lot that was The Rabbit Hutch restaurant and as I was approaching the base of Potter Valley road, I saw an old friend playing with his bike computer on his Cervelo tt bike. We caught up on old times for about 30 seconds and then hopped out on the Seward highway back toward town. We had a brisk tail wind and as I drafted the man on the tt bike, we went 33... 34... 35... 36... 37 mph! That rush lasted for about six minutes until we wrapped around the marsh and started climbing the off ramp for another lap. As we chatted, we were again simply amazed at how fast the pro's are and that they time trial that fast WITHOUT a tail wind. Animals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love so much that I can read your blog and see you talk about "my daughter" and "my son." You were born to be a dad. Hugs to the whole bunch of you...come visit!

bosskat said...

why, thank you... you can see me ripping along at 35+? (grin)... they're the best and since I know we'll both be in the same place for a while, I'm sure we'll be visiting each other through the years. Love you.