Friday, April 28, 2006

Roll the Bones


It's been a few days and the time since has been filled with activities, appointments and spring rides. This time of year always gets me excited for the long daylight hours and the increasing amount of fun that we fit into each day. Tomorrow morning is the Seward Highway TT from Bird Point to the base of Turnagain Pass. It's 21 miles of mainly flat road but in the end, whether the effort proves to result in a fast time depends on how hard and in which direction Mother Nature chooses to blow her wind. The road is notoriously windy but the wind usually picks up later in the day so, with the race starting at 9:00 (ish), hopefully she will not have woken up yet to let out a blast of cold wind from the east. I've been feeling pretty good on the bike recently and have set my mind to push myself as hard as possible while at the same time working to pace myself so that I have virtually nothing left to give when I hit the line... but trying not to run out of gas before I get there. Right now the sun is still high in the sky and the winds of the day are getting ready for bed. I hope they sleep in until, say, noon or so. Either way, I'll be out there to roll the bones and see what I come up with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

like the new design

bosskat said...

Thanks... I like it better too. Just back from the bike race and it was pretty nice weather. Sunny with low wind. Thanks for reading! :)