Saturday, April 29, 2006

TT bike? Maybe next year.


Well, the weather cooperated and the morning was sunny and calm (but cold @ 37 degrees). There was a gentle breeze in the form of a tailwind for the start of the race and I pushed myself very hard, managing to average 24 mph over 21 miles, giving me a time of 52:37. That felt good for me and I recorded the tenth best time (of 64 entrants - one of the nine that beat me was a woman and she set a new women's record of 50:53) but there were some speedster's out there and a new course record was set at 46:00 flat. That's just a tick over 27 mph! My friend Tony has me thinking a lot about how much time I could save with an actual time trial bike with a disc rear wheel and a deep dish front wheel, but it's all about the money and those exotic rigs cost a pretty penny. Maybe I'll get a paper route and save money to get one next year. Until then, I'll just have to try to pedal harder and faster.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bike looks like it's hauling ass while it's sitting still!

bosskat said...

yeah... and it costs 10K + ... it's wicked fast.

Anonymous said...

10k??? Does that come complete with a Lance tutorial on time trialing? Good lord....